Post Treatment Instructions for Eyebrows
1. We recommend that ice packs be applied for 10-15 minutes each hour for the first three hours following the procedure. The ice is used to minimize swelling and provide comfort. Do not take aspirin, as this promotes bleeding at the treatment sites. Over the counter pain medication is recommended for temporary pain relief.
2. Apply ointment or wash provided to the treatment area 2x per day with clean Q-tip or cotton square.
3. Stay out of the sun! If you must be out and about, wear a hat and sunscreen.
4. Keep water off of your brows for at least 24 hours.
5. Do not use any face creams, exfoliates, or harsh cleansers on your brows during the healing process (7-10 days).
6. Normal activity can be resumed immediately. We recommend that exercise or activity that causes heavy perspiration be delayed for approximately two to three days following the procedure.
7. Brow ink will begin to oxidize immediately after treatment. This causes pigment to become darker. Do not be alarmed, this dark color will either flake off or fade back to the color that was first implanted (during the 1st five minutes of the procedure).
8. Do not pick any scabs or dry areas that may form during the healing process, this may cause you to lose color or damage your skin. Instead, apply some of the healing ointment given after the procedure.
9. Other fading or loss of pigment may occur. Some flaking off of the pigment is normal on some skin types; however there should be pigment under the skin where the original pigment has flaked off. If there is no pigment present, a touch up will be required to achieve lasting color.
10. Judgment of your final results should be deferred until 4-6 weeks following the procedure. Over the next two to three weeks, the pigment intensity will lighten. I will schedule a follow-up appointment to make sure any faded areas are touched up and everything is healing properly. Just remember, “Too dark, too light, just right!”